As I will be living and studying a year in Istanbul, I thought it might be a good idea to write down everything that I want to accomplish, experience and do during that time. My overall goal is to feel and live like a true local in Istanbul. Let’s do this!
Visiting Dolmabahce Palace Knowing how to get around Istanbul without a map Visiting the unbelievable Pamukkale Being invited to Turkish wedding festivities Finding the best baklava in town Visiting a Turkish village
- Eating all flavors of Turkish delight
Learning to speak some Turkish Exploring the Kadiköy market
- Bargaining in the Grand Bazaar
Visiting the amazing Cappadocia Finally finding an apartment Enjoying the view on the Galata Tower at night Celebrating New Years Eve in Istanbul Trying a fish kebap Visiting the famous Princes’ Islands Being friends with one of Istanbul cats
- Going out typical Turkish
Watching a Turkish soccer game in the stadion Finding the best view of Istanbul Having a beach vacation in Turkey
- Knowing how to cook at least one Turkish dish
- Visiting the ancient Ephesus
- Doing a touristy Bosporus tour
Finding vegetarian Manti Having local friends
- Learning to make Turkish cay
- Trying the sugary and colorful macun
Is there anything else that you would add to my bucket list?