As I’m typing this, I am sitting in a plane en route to my hometown Berlin. It always feels good to be back home! While planning my stay, I have realized that there are quite a lot of things to do in the hippest capital of Europe. So, here is a Berlin bucket list from the point of view of a local!
1. Walk along the colorful East Side Gallery.
2. Visit the beautiful Gendarmenmarkt square.
3. Have a picnic in Tiergarten.
4. See the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.
5. Drink a Club Mate.
6. Visit the Reichstag Dome to have a 360° view.
7. Eat your way through Street Food Thursday.
8. Experience Berlins famous nightlife.
9. Stroll around Alexanderplatz.
10. Become a history buff at the German Historical Museum.
11. Feel modern vibes at Potsdamer Platz.
12. Take a boat ride on the Spree.
13. Go on a shopping spree.
14. Eat a Falafel in Kreuzberg, a district in Berlin.
15. Pay respect at the Holocaust memorial.
16. Explore Berlin neighborhoods on a bike.
17. Eat a Döner Kebab (veggie version available!).
18. Enjoy a day at one of the many the lakes.
19. Take a day trip to Potsdam.
20. Visit a Christmas market in December.
21. Explore the Nikolai Quarter, Berlin’s oldest residential area.
22. Chill at the abandoned Tempelhof airport.
23. Have a German beer in a Biergarten.
24. Feel like royalty at Schloss Charlottenburg.
25. Watch a movie in an outdoor cinema.
26. Walk through the Brandenburg Gate.
27. Have a dip in the Badeschiff, a pool on the Spree.
28. Eat a Berliner (a doughtnut without a hole filled with jam).
29. Go underground at Berliner Unterwelten.
30. Buy something in a Späti (a local 24h shop).
31. Relax at the Spree.
32. Listen to the Berlin Philharmonics.
33. Eat a Currywurst. (There are veggie versions avaible!)
34. Visit the Mauerpark on a Sunday.
35. Experience Berlin’s alternative side in Friedrichshain.
36. Go museum hopping on Museum Island.
37. Have fun in an old photo booth.
38. See Check Point Charlie.
39. Explore the buzzing district Kreuzberg.
40. Visit Hackesche Höfe.
41. Be fancy at the KaDeWe.
42. Enjoy the view from the Television Tower.
43. Take a ride in the subway called U-Bahn.
44. Sing karaoke in the Mauerpark on Sundays.
45. Walk through the charming neighborhood Prenzlauer Berg.
46. Gaze upon my favorite building, the Berlin Cathedrale.
47. Explore the street art in Berlin.
48. Visit the DDR Museum.
49. Take a stroll through the Grundwald forest.
50. Walk along the Berlin Wall.
What did you do in Berlin? Would you any anything to this list?